STANDARD GRID RESISTORS
These stamped grids are chromium alloy stainless steel grid resistors and range from 27 to 91 amps. Listed are our standard design banks, but various grids may be combined to design a resistor to fill an application at absolute minimum cost. The configuration is most commonly found in lower horsepower motor acceleration resistors and magnet controllers.
HEAVY DUTY GRID RESISTORS
These stamped grids are chromium alloy stainless steel strip resistors and range from 100 to 165 amps. The grids are welded together at their junctions which produces a continuous current carrying grid resistor. They are ideal for the medium and higher horsepower motor applications.
HIGH CURRENT STRIP RESISTORS
These continuous stainless steel high current strip resistors range from 180 to 625 amps. The resistor element is formed by folding the stainless steel back and forth to produce a continuous, evenly spaced bank with heavy stainless steel terminals.
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT & SERVICES
- Complete stainless steel resistors (end frames, racks, and hardware).
- Interconnecting jumper installation at our factory.
- All connections wired to the bottom space of the rack using 200ºC rated wire or copper bus.
- Enclosure for Standard Grid Resistor
- Screened for indoor applications
- Louvered for outdoor applications
- Forged eyebolts for easy hoisting
- Removable front and rear louvered covers allow easy access for connection and inspection
- Corrosion resistant nameplate provides complete ratings and manufacturer’s information
- Heavy powder coat finish provides maximum protection
- Options: stainless steel, aluminum, mill galvanized, hot dipped galvanized, custom paint finishes available.
Replacement Grid Resistors of all Major Name Brands. Approximate Dimensions for Standard Resistor Bank.
Also available in 12″, 18″, 22″ & 25.5″ banks to meet your requirements. Consult factory for technical data.
Examples of Our Products:
- Silicon Bonded Mica Insulating Washers
- Gives a higher temperature rating than epoxy bonded.
- End Frame Insulator
- Molded fiberglass material is used to insulate the connection between the support rods and the end frame.
- This allows for the grid structure to be held securely together and double insulated to ground.
- Support Rods
- Threaded support rods are insulated with silicon bonded mica tubing to provide primary protection from grounding/shorting out.
- End Frames
- Filnor endframes are designed so that the resistors can be easily mounted in racks or stacked.
- Stainless Steel Grid Element
- Filnor grid elements are stamped out in our factory from stainless chromium alloy steel.
- Filnor standard lower capacity elements are welded together to allow for a continuous flow of current up to 165 amperes.
- Filnor standard high capacity grids are manufactured with one continuous ribbon or strip element between 180 and 525 amperes continuous.
- SPECIAL RESISTORS
- Resistance between terminals
- Continuous ampere rating required between terminals
- Terminal designations
- Size requirements
|Part Number||Continuous Ampere Capacity||Resistance Ohms @25∫ Total Bank||# Taps With End Terminal|
|Banks||G” Screened||H” Louvered|
|2||23 1/8||27 1/8|
|3||32 1/8||36 1/8|
|4||41 1/8||45 1/8|
|5||50 1/8||54 1/8|
|6||59 1/8||63 1/8|
|7||68 1/8||72 1/8|
|8||77 1/8||81 1/8|
|9||86 1/8||90 1/8|