LOAD BANK DESIGN
- Filnor Load Banks have stainless steel elements and are designed to minimize inductance and the heating problems associated with other resistors.
- These load bank resistors have been used in industrial settings for many years with great success.
LOAD BANK ENCLOSURES
Filnor Load Banks are housed in a variety of styles ranging from Nema 1 (indoor screened) to Nema 3R (outdoor louvered).
Depending on the application, the load banks are natural convection cooled or forced air-cooled. A host of options are available including high temperature cut-out switches, alarm relaying, RTD’s, and door/panel mounted instrumentation.
Enclosure finishes and materials are also application specific. Mill galvanized is our standard with options including epoxy powder coated, aluminum and stainless steel, or special color.
Although our load banks are custom made to fit a specific application, they are cost effective because we utilize our standard resistors. This allows the engineering team a great deal of latitude when selecting the resistors for a certain job.
- Load source voltage and current rating.
- AC or DC application. If AC, indicate phase and frequency.
- For AC, indicate wye or delta connected.
- Is an external source available for forced air cooling the load? If yes, state voltage, phase and frequency.
- Is any control or instrumentation required?
- Are any additional steps (in Kilowatts) required of the load bank?
- Indicate the desired enclosure type (ie. indoor, outdoor) and NEMA/IEC style (ie. NEMA3R/ IP22)
- Seismic requirements
- Environmental conditions such as salt spray from ocean or corrosive pollution in air
Examples of Our Products
- 1200kW Load Bank